DASH stands for “Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension”. This eating plan:
• suggests limiting salt or sodium to between 1500 mg (2/3 tsp) to 2300 mg (1 tsp) per day.
• is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and total fat
• emphasizes fruit, vegetables, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products.
• includes whole grain products, fish, poultry and nuts.
• is low in lean red meat, sweets, added sugars and sugar-containing beverages
• is rich in potassium, magnesium, and calcium as well as protein and fibre.